Wednesday, August 29

I <3 integrated racks


I love bikes with integrated racks where the rack is part of the frame. Here is a really cool example that Peter White sells. I'm suprized the fenders aren't cleaner and more integrated on that bike though. Of course I love the internal gear hub.

Dear readers, if you know of more frames with built in racks, please post links! I am extra-super interested in bikes with integrated front racks, especially ones where the rack is part of the frame so that it doesn't rotate with the fork. Someday I want to build one.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
Thanks for the fun reading and excuses for the self-promotion. I found your site via your link to my blog "bakfiets-en-meer".

WorkCycles has many examples of bicycles with integrated front carriers. All of them are fixed to the frame so they don't turn with the fork or wheel. Some also have legs with front stands.

In a couple months we'll introduce a new, very heavy-duty transport bike with various integrated front and rear carriers. Have a look around the our (other) site:
www.workcycles.com

Groeten uit Amsterdam,
Henry

Saturday, 01 September, 2007  
Blogger jsn said...

Hey Henry - thanks for the comment. I really like your blog and site. I love all the racks, load bikes, chaincases and stuff. Amserdam is like a Galapagos island where evolution has taken bikes in a completely different direction than in the states. I love it. Thanks for putting so much of it online.

Tuesday, 04 September, 2007  
Blogger Tarik Saleh said...

Here is one man bicycle culture explosion Eric Zo and what looks alot like an indian hero or Raleigh Sport with a possibly frankensteined on beautiful basket:
http://huntercycles.blogspot.com/2007/09/visatacion-valley-boyz-and-girlz.html

I am still trying to find a better good picture of the crappy 70's folding bikes (under the Puch or Bianchi or whatever italian marque) with the chainstays and seatstays and rear rack made out of one loop of metal. Good stuff:
http://bikehugger.com/2007/08/old_school_folding_bike.htm

Saturday, 15 September, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home