Saturday, June 2

My trusty SR commuter

This 10-speed SR spent a couple years in the weeds under my brother's porch in Chico, CA before he gave it to me. It was in very rough condition...



I got some new tires - by buying an old bike with a bent frame on Craigslist. Then I flipped and chopped the bars, and rode it like that for quite a while. As you can see above, the shifters were on the down-tube until I found some bar-end shifters on ebay for $8, what a deal!

After a trip or two to Recycled Cylces, I installed them with new, longer cables and a new cable stop where the old shifters had been. Due to my non-standard brake mounting, I had to mount the shifters upside down. You can also see in the next pic that they don't insert all the way into the end of my bars. *shrugs* Not a big deal to me, they work great! (Although I need to adjust the rear derailer, it doesn't like to stay in 1st gear)



Below is the "finished" product, which I ride to work when good weather, my schedule and my motivation all cooperate. I have been enjoying the pannier bag and less sweaty back, but it means I don't have any water (without my camelback). I guess I'll need to find myself a traditional water bottle cage.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ka_Ka said...

( `♥.¸*O*
`♥.¸ )**P*
( `♥.¸***T*
`♥.¸ )****I*
( `♥.¸*****M*
`♥.¸ )**O*
( `♥.¸***
`♥.¸ )***F*
( `♥.¸***I*
`♥.¸ )****M*
( `♥.¸******
`♥.¸ )*D*
( `♥.¸**E*
`♥.¸ )*s*
( `♥. **E*
`♥.¸ )***M*
( `♥.¸****A*
`♥.¸ )*****N*
( `♥.¸******A*
`♥.¸ )*P*
( `♥. **R*
`♥.¸ )***A*
`♥.¸ )*v*
( `♥. **O*
`♥.¸ )***C*
`♥ )****E*

Bjosss!!

Saturday, 02 June, 2007  
Blogger robyn said...

wow! i totally agree.

Monday, 04 June, 2007  
Blogger jacksatta said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Monday, 04 June, 2007  
Blogger jsn said...

"optimo fim desemana pravoce" - that sounds like words. But what do they mean?

Monday, 04 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home