Tuesday, September 5

off topic


Here is a link to the beautiful 1972 Chouinard catalog. Talked about in the latest Rivendell Reader and considered a gem of the low key style - yet forcefully ethical. Definitely a cool zine if nothing else.

I spent my high school years climbing. Never got very good at it, and never led anything above maybe 5.9 or so. Led my Pops up the 3rd flatiron though. That was probably the high point of my climbing carreer. He isn't even a climber. That took balls to follow my dumb ass up there and rappell down. I mean he probably hadn't rapelled since Basic Training!

Speaking of zines, I am still waiting for my copy of Matt Chester's 700see. I sure hope he got my 5 bux. Maybe I should try again.

4 Comments:

Blogger jsn said...

Wow rock climbing is so burly. I just can't get over it. The lat time I climbed was at X rock in Durango and it was amazingly frightening. There were guys soloing around us drinking Milwaukee's Bests (Beasts) and I was shaking like a leaf on the easiest routes out there.

The old shool climbing stuff is so cool though. I still think I could tie a bowline-on-a-coil if I had to, I love that shit so much.

jsn

Tuesday, 05 September, 2006  
Blogger Hjalti said...

700see. I know he got my 5 bucks. Wish he'd quit flaking out and meet his commitments. Still, it's only 5 bucks. There is at least one guy who sent him a frame payment and has nothing to show for it.

Wednesday, 06 September, 2006  
Blogger Tarik Saleh said...

Yeah I sent the 5 bucks too, but I seem to remember it was only three. Either way, did not get it. I can deal with waiting him out on this one, starving vegan framebuilder charity. Probably too much tungsten fumes or something.

Friday, 08 September, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, check it. There is of 700c owed people:
http://mattchester.livejournal.com/

Thursday, 16 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home