Wednesday, April 18

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty

An interesting tidbit of information showed up in my inbox this afternoon. Seems there's been a number of BIG kitty sightings in and around Guaje Canyon; more specifically, near the Rendija/Guaje Canyon junction- which, I believe, is where this photo was snapped (sorry about the poor quality, but you get the idea!).

Rumor has it, it's a big'un- not that it matters much, so be careful out there and if you're gonna' be riding solo in the area, be sure to take the proper precautions. Actually, now that I think about it...what are the proper precautions? Ah, crap! Any suggestions?

5 Comments:

Blogger bw said...

Suggestions? Douse yourself with the urine of a larger cat? Wow. I would hope that the noise of riding would scare it off, but you never know. Maybe I'll add a few links to the chain to rattle it up a little...

Wednesday, 18 April, 2007  
Blogger jsn said...

Crazy. Where is that photo from? I mean where online.

jsn

Wednesday, 18 April, 2007  
Blogger ew said...

The photo isn't from online. Monica forwarded it to me. Here is the text from the email:

"This lion was seen close to the Rendija Canyon Guaje Canyon intersection a couple of days ago. Please use caution.


My grave yard operator saw it also the next morning down by old well 6 in the Guaje. He said it was a big one

Morning, I don't know the time of day the picture was taken. My operator saw him/her about 4:30 in the morning. He thinks it went down to get a drink because it was coming up out of the wash and heading up hill."

That thar picture is from Guaje Canyon- best I can figure.

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  
Blogger Tarik Saleh said...

I recommend riding like you are a wounded deer.

Am I the only one who really really really wants to see one of these guys in the wild? I have worked at two different labs with breeding populations in and around the lab and have never seen one. Dammit. I just need to see a big one once, and then I will be OK with not seeing them again. I am bored of flushing coyotes in mortendad canyon.

Friday, 20 April, 2007  
Blogger ew said...

Mayhap we should rebuild the Guaje canyon trail to increase our chances of seeing this little feller. (And, because it's a kick ass trail)

Friday, 20 April, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home